Friday, April 29, 2005

Supersize Me

I was meant to go out to Mr Smiths last night to see Vext with Mooro and Gary but ended up staying in. I treated the housemates to a slap-up Chinese take away and the housemates supplied the booze so I ended up getting pretty drunk and stuffed and couldn't move. We played a game of Scrabble which, by the way, I lost AGAIN... it's not cos I'm shit, it's cos I was unlucky with the letters. I mean what can you do with X,E,D,J,K,Q and I... nothing that's what! I almost had FLANGE at one point but I needed an E. Luckily I managed to get FLAUNT out of the letters I had and on my next go I got CLIT!! We always play Rude-Word Scrabble, where you get double points if you get a naughty word. Once I got 66 points by having a WANK on a tripple word scoring! (WANK = 11 / 11 x 2 = 22 / 22 x 3 = 66) Marvelous.

After this we watched Supersize Me on Channel 4. My God, was this film ever good?!? Some of the stats that were coming out were truly amazing. I very rarely eat McDonalds anyway but one things for sure, after watching this I'm never going near that place again. This guy basically ate nothing but McDonalds for 30 days. This means he had McDonalds for breakfast, lunch and dinner. If McDonalds didn't serve it, he wouldn't eat it. He had to eat every item on the menu at least once and he only went for the Supersize meal only if he was asked for it. They guy ended up completely ruining his liver. One of the consulting doctors was absolutely floored by what was happening to him. He'd only ever seen this kind of damage from someone who was an alcaholic and never expected this experiment to cause such an attack on all of his bodily function. After watching it I felt guilty about eating my Chinese!!

No comments: