Wednesday, April 13, 2005

The Village

I went round to Gary and Simone's last night for a nice chilled out evening. It was cool as I hadn't had a chance to properly talk to them for a while as recently I've only met up with them in O'Neills or a party or something. We had a top quality home-made lamb curry (something that Gary had introduced me to last year for Lottie's birthday) with home-baked naan bread and then relaxed our bloated stomachs with The Village on DVD. I've wanted to see it for a while but have never got round to it. For those that haven't seen it here's a quick plot summary extracted from imdb.com....
'The Village' depicts the thrilling tale of an isolated town confronting the astonishing truth that lies just outside its borders. At first glance, this village seems picture perfect, but this close-knit community lives with the frightening knowledge that creatures reside in the surrounding woods. The evil and foreboding force is so unnerving that none dare venture beyond the borders of the village and into the woods. But when curious, headstrong Lucius Hunt plans to step beyond the boundaries of the town and into the unknown, his bold move threatens to forever change the future of the village.

I have to say I was gripped by it. I expected it to be really scary but unlike The Grudge, that I saw the night before, it was more creepy than scary. In a funny kind of way it felt like an X-Files episode but without the Mulder and Scully interaction. I think this is another film I'm gonna have to buy.

After Simone and Gary gave me a lift home I was kinda worried about what the atmosphere would be like in the house cos of recent events. I went into the lounge as Kate was putting on her coat getting ready to pick up Glen from work and Sarah was sat down rosie faced from the red wine and mildly rosie eyed from the home-grown spliffs. I was expecting a cold reception but I think everything's sorted itself out now as we were laughing and joking. Phew!!!

No comments: