Thursday, April 28, 2005

Skint

It's been a quiet couple of days since Friday's gig... mostly down to the fact that it's near the end of the month and March's wage has pretty much run dry. I've even resorted to counting the 1p's and 2's in my Darth Vader money box to see if I can scrape enough money together to get a packet of crisps during my 10 o'clock munch at work! Thankfully today is payday. So that mean's this morning I have a fresh packet of Digestives and a couple of crisp tenners in my back pocket.

So what HAVE I been up to since my last post about Hula Hoops and Digestives? (ok, for the record, I'm not that obsessed about Digestives.... well, maybe just a little) Well, I had a long chin-wag with Kimmy on the phone on Tuesday. She'll be coming down from Leeds on Friday for the weekend as it's her birthday on the 3rd May - which reminds me, I've got to get her something today .... or Friday... or maybe even Saturday! I have no ideas what to get her though. I'm sure I'll think of something (even if I did do you think I'd post it up here? Kim might read it, and that would ruin the element of surprise!)

Glen's left his job at the printers. I'm please for him too. They were just messing him about with his hours and pay. He was working through night shifts all the time and him and Kate are expecting a baby soon. It would've been a nightmare for them. Which reminds me, Kate's been looking/acting really tired recently, I think the baby's been uncomfortable for her. Besides, it's probably tiring carrying around all that extra weight too. Glen's got his CV with a recruitment agency and he's already lined up for a couple of interviews, so let's see what happens there.

Dave from Betika has posted a link on his blog to here for my review of last Friday, if you're here looking for that it's down below so keep scrolling down. Also Carolyn emailed me to explain the source of the 'Miss' jibes that Mooro was doing - it's cos she works in a school as the head of biology no less!! My word, I am impressed... although not jealous. I could never work as a teacher, especially if any of the kids are half as bad as what some of the kids were like when I was at school!

No comments: