Tuesday, September 19, 2006

NEW PHONE !!!!


My wicked new phone...
The Sony Ericcson K800i

Yay!! I've got a new mobile phone!! Just as I was leaving work yesterday and struggling with my keys, sunglasses, sunglasses case, coat and trying to close the window at the same time - I got a call from Carphone Warehouse informing me that I am now able to upgrade my new phone. I thought it was odd, and was starting to wonder whether it was a prank call, because I went into Carphone Warehouse a couple of weeks ago and they said I couldn't get an upgrade until October 11th. The bloke must've just read the date wrong cos it actually said September 11th!!!

I pretty much quick marched it to Carphone Warehouse in Boscombe and asked if I could upgrade. She asked me if there was a phone I had in mind and without hesitation I said "Oh yesssss, the Sony Ericcson K800i thankyouverymuch!!!" She tapped away at the PC and checked whether I could upgrade to that and she said I could as long as I altered my contract to a 18 month contract (instead of 12) and that I have 200 free minutes talk time and 100 free texts for £25 per month (instead of £20 per month - which was what I was paying for my Motorola Razr v3) It actually was going to be saving me money as I was paying far too much in calls and texts! Try £40+ per month!!!

After skipping home with my lovely new phone and charging it for 2.5 hours (just like it said in the Quickstart Manual) I slung in my SIM card and started to play! I must admit I'm a bit of a Somy Ericcson fanboy. I used to have the T610 and the K700 and loved every minute of owning one. But last year I thought I'd try something new and went for Motorola. I was a fool! I shoulda known!! My first mobile phone I ever had was a Motorola Memphis (Just checked Google and it's actually called the MR201) and, although I was excited about having it cos it was my first phone, WAS A PILE OF SHIT!!!!!

The Motorola MR201
Not an actual picture of my phone...
I ripped this pic from eBay!!

And ever motorola I'd seen afterward (whether it belonged to friends or saw it in a shop) was also shit and never innovated. So what made me decide to go for the Razr V3? The fact that it looked cool! To be fair it's not a bad phone, y'know. I did enjoy having it. But after owning a K700 it felt like a step backwards.

Now I'm back with Sony Ericcson and, to be honest, I'm totally blown away with how cool it is. It's got enough built in memory to hold a couple albums worth of music. It's got a build in radio. It has a 3.1 Mega pixel camera in it - with flash, macro, zoom, and lots of other cool stuff. Only yesterday I posted a blog about how I miss having a decent camera. Now I'm back in action. The photos won't be the same quality of a proper digital camera but it's not far off. I can also do direct posts to this Blog from that phone!! Aceness!!! So expect to see little posts above this one from my phone in the next ten minutes. WORD!

No comments: