Thursday, January 26, 2006

Pick a D... any D!!

I got to work 5 mins late again - don't know how I managed that! I was ahead of schedule all this morning. I distinctly remember being in the kitchen and breaking off a banana for munchies and looked at the time and it said 8:50. I went downstairs to leave the flat and I just happened to check the time on my wristwatch as I was locking the front door and it said 9:05!!!! I'm like, "WHAT!?!?! That's not possible!!" I swear there's a time vortex halfway up the stairs!!....

Anyway, I'm not in a good mood. I just tried cracking a joke at work but my heart wasn't in it. Everybody here in IT is just as demotivated as me so even if I gave it a first class delivery it wouldn't have generated a laugh. I've just had some headache pills, stress pills, my vitamins and some cod liver oil! I reckon if you shake me I'll rattle!!

We have a whiteboard here in IT that was installed when we had the new office re-fit. It was put in place so we can use it to put idea's and brainstorms etc. but none of us have any so we use them for things like "Word of the Day" or "World Cup Countdown" an' that. One of the features on this board is that it lists "The Departmental Defining D's". This is a list of words that express how we feel all beginning with the letter D. I've listed them here in alphabetical order for you to peruse at your leisure...

Damaged
Dank
Defecated-Upon
Defiant
Defiled
Deformed
Defunct
Dejected
Delusional
Demotivated
Depreciated
Depressed
Deranged
Desk-Bound
Desperate
Despised
Despondent
Destitute
Destraught
Discombobulated
Disgusted
Dismayed
Dispirited
Distressed
Don't!!
Downcast
Down-trodden
Dumbfounded
Dumped
Dysfunctional

Pick any one (or maybe 3) of those and that will explain to you how I feel right now!

.....today is not a good day! Hmph!

No comments: