Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Music - recording, watching, listening

So, I've got my new mixing desk and some new mics. (Alesis Multimix16 USB2 and a couple of Shure mics) Tried them out last night and they work a treat. I wanted to record this song that's been in my head for the last couple of days but I felt too self aware with the window open - it was so fuckin hot yesterday! Can't wait to try recording some proper tracks live with the full band. Need some more mic stands though.

I watched Jools Holland last night. It was cool to see The Charlatans with some new stuff. Tim Burgesses hair was a bit weird though - not that that really matters. Was interesting to see Was Not Was still pushing 'Walk The Dinosaur'. And there was an awesome Japanese drum band called Yamato Drummers that totally blew my mind.

No comments: