Monday, February 27, 2006

Serenity



WOO! YAY!! HOUPLA!!! I bought Serenity on DVD today!!!! I've wanted to see that when it first came out at the cinema but never got round to watching it. For those of you that don't know what Serenity is it's a Sci-Fi film made by cult director Joss Whedon (Buffy, Angel) based on much loved, but short lived, series Firefly. I think I remember catching an episode of Firefly once when I came home drunk from a night out and didn't know what I was watching... but I liked it and tried to make a mental note of finding out what it's called and when it's on. But anyone who's tried to make any kind of mental notes when their drunk will know that it's completely forgotten by sunrise!

Anyway, I spotted the Firefly series box set in Woolworths when I bought the film and depending on what I think of the film after I've watched it with Lisa I will have to buy that too.... I think I'll look for it on eBay or Play though to save a few quid.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What did you make of Serenity without having seen much of Firefly? (and have you caught up with the series yet?) Opinions seem to be mixed as to how well it works without that background.